Toggle menu

Your home

As a tenant you are responsible for a number of things within your home which includes any outside space or garden area which forms part of your property boundary.

We are committed to operating in an open and transparent way and being accountable to our tenants.
Tenants must tell us if they will be away from the home for more than 28 days.
Information about bonfires, rubbish and pest control.
Find out how communal areas of flats are managed and the duties we carry out as a council.
Find out about your responsibilities for any gardens or outside space within the boundary of your rented property.
Safety information for gas, electricity and fire, as well as advice for keeping your home safe.
As a tenant of one of our properties, you must get our permission before making any alterations to your home.
Find out about rules about keeping pets in rented council homes and how to request permission.
Information about what tenants must do to maintain the condition of the home.
Information and rules about parking and vehicles on or near to your property.
Find out about renting out a room to a lodger in your home.
Council tenants must get our permission to run a business from home.
Advice on how and where tenants can store their items.
Advice about insurance cover for your home contents and personal belongings.
Read to find out about different aids and adaptations that you may benefit from.