Toggle menu

Environmental Health

Environmental Health services are provided by two teams within the Public Protection Service Environmental Protection and the Food, Health and Safety team.

Our teams are dedicated and committed to assist all environment related issues, either directly or by working closely with external agencies, including but not limited to:

  • Food Standards Agency (FSA)
  • Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
  • Environment Agency
  • Anglian Water.

Together, we aim to work toward improving and protecting public health.

Further information can be found on each teams webpage:

Food Safety SHDC Food Safety Team Website

Health and Safety SHDC Health & Safety Webpage

We have a statutory duty to review and assess the air quality within the district.
Asbestos removal guidance and what to do if you think that your home may contain asbestos.
When having a bonfire, you must ensure that your fire does not cause a nuisance to nearby roads and houses.
Information on contaminated land management across South Holland.
It's an offence to allow a dog to foul on a public highway with a speed limit of 40mph or less and not clean it up.
Our Dog Warden service can deal with stray and lost dogs, dog fouling and excessive dog barking.
If your drain is blocked, your waste won't go away when you flush the toilet or the gullies outside will overflow.
Information about dust or odour nuisance and how to report it to us.
Information about the sales regulations and usage laws of fireworks.
Activities at commercial or industrial installations that have the potential to cause polluting emissions must have a permit to operate.
We have a duty to investigate complaints of nuisance caused by some artificial light sources.
Advice on how to manage noise nuisance and how to register an alarm with us.
We do not offer a pest control service but we do offer advice for pest control support.
Information on the Council ban on sky lanterns and mass balloon releases from Council land.
A private water supply is a supply not provided by a water company such as Anglian Water. Approximately 1% of the population in England and Wales has a private water supply to their home. Most private water supplies are found in rural locations and are abstracted from wells, boreholes, springs, streams or rainwater. In SHDC there are approximately 9 private water supplies, mainly single properties.