Table of Fares
South Holland District Council is able to specify the maximum fare you can be charged when hiring a Hackney Carriage.
The charges are:
Day Rate 1
- £2.20 - Meter start rate - Includes first 1/10 then is:
- £0.15 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
Night Rate 2
- £3.20 - Meter start rate - Includes first 1/10 then is:
- £0.20 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
And on Sundays, Bank Holidays and from 7pm on Christmas and New Years Eve
- £4.20 - Meter start rate - Includes first 1/10 then is:
- £0.25 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
For hirings on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- £0.15 For each period of 60 seconds for Rate 1
- £0.20 For each period of 53.3 seconds for Rate 2
- £0.25 For each period of 50 seconds for Rate 3
- £0.20 for each parcel/packet or item of luggage
- Bicycles/prams/animals etc up to but not exceeding £3.00
- A fee of up to £10.00 maximum may be charged where the unoccupied mileage greatly exceeds the occupied mileage
- For soiling a Hackney Carriage resulting in cleaning of the vehicle, the maximum sum of £60.00 may be charged
No charges are made for the carriage of wheelchairs, guide or hearing animals or other aids belonging to registered disabled persons.
All charges include VAT (where applicable).
Please note: These are the maximum fares that can be charged.
If you feel you have been overcharged, or have a complaint against any South Holland driver, vehicle or taxi company, please contact 01775 761161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org after having first obtained the name and badge number of the driver or licence number of the vehicle and our Licensing team will investigate.