Taxi Driver Safeguarding and Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) training
All drivers are required to complete safeguarding training in order to hold, and to continue to hold, a hackney carriage/private hire licence with us (South Holland District Council). The course is free to complete.
Addressing the signs of exploitation has become a priority and a matter of great importance to local authorities and our Licensing Committee understands that there is a need to increase the ability of hackney carriage and private hire drivers to be able to spot the signs of child sexual exploitation and take appropriate action to protect children and adults at risk.
The course is to be completed by an e-learning programme, provided by Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), and has been written specifically for you as a taxi driver. It is split into two courses, to provide the knowledge and understanding about:
- safeguarding concerns, and
- child sexual exploitation.
All drivers of hackney carriages and private hire vehicles licensed by South Holland District Council must complete the safeguarding and child sexual exploitation e-learning programme.
New drivers must provide evidence of passing the course prior to a licence being granted.
All existing drivers must provide evidence of passing the course by Friday 5 February 2021.
The cost of this course free. If you require any assistance, please contact the Licensing Team on email@example.com.
Access the e-learning course
To access the free Driver Safeguarding and CSE e-learning course provided by the LSCB, you will need to either:
To register for an e-learning account:
- Visit the LSCB website to register for an e-learning account
- complete all mandatory fields marked with a *
- when prompted to select a 'group', please select the relevant group or type 'Taxi' into the search box
- complete registration and wait a few minutes for an email to be sent to you with your login details
- if you experience any issues while registering, please see our .
To login to your existing e-learning account:
- Visit the LSCB website to login to your e-learning account
- please don't re-register if you already have an e-learning account. If you're unsure of have trouble accessing your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who'll be able to help you.
Once you're registered or logged in to the e-learning service, you should follow these steps to access the course:
- select the 'Learning' button
- you'll then be presented with two e-learning courses:
> Tackling Exploitation and Modern Slavery in Lincolnshire
> Introduction to Safeguarding Everyone in Lincolnshire
- follow the on-screen instructions for both courses
- you'll receive an 'evaluation' prompt once you've completed the modules for each of the courses
- when you've complete the evaluation for each of the courses, you'll receive a certificate for each course.
frequently asked questions for further guidance.. Alternatively, please view our
Important information and rules for e-learning
- Participants agree to complete their e-learning course within the four week deadline. If more than one course is requested they must still be completed within four weeks.
- If any e-learning course is not completed within the 4 weeks then the Learner will be charged £35. An invoice will be sent to the address held on their Learner Record.
After this time the account will be archived, deleting any progress already made. Learners will then have to contact email@example.com in order for the Learner Record to be re-instated and start their training from the beginning. If the account contains previously completed training then the course will be removed but the account will remain.
- If participants cannot complete within the timescale then they are to notify Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Partnership Training team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-learning important information:
- Registration is an automatic process. If you have not received log in details please check your junk/spam email boxes before enquiring.
- Queries sent to the email@example.com email address can take up to 3 working days to be answered. It is monitored on a part time basis.
- Most e-learning courses require that you have version 7 or above of Adobe Flash Player on the computer you are using to complete your training. Please enquire with your organisation's IT support to ensure you have this. If you do not have access to IT support, please try the following link www.vc-tms.co.uk/vc/compatibility_check.asp
Should you require the Adobe player, please visit the following website http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
Please note Apple Devices running Apple OS will not support Adobe Flash Player. However, e-learning courses are being converted so they display correctly on all electronic devices. For technical queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.