Renew a Vehicle Licence
We no longer send renewal reminders. Please download the form to complete your renewal of your vehicle.
We must receive the completed renewal application form and all documentation before your current licence expires. If you fail to meet the renewal deadline you will be required to make a new application for a vehicle licence.
In order to renew your vehicle licence we require the following documents:
- valid insurance certificate covering the vehicle for use as a Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Vehicle
- Vehicle Registration Document (V5)
- current Certificate of Compliance (the Certificate of Compliance is to be completed at one of our )
- fee of £196 for Hackney Carriage vehicle, or the fee of £170 for a Private Hire vehicle
- current LOLER certificate (if applicable)
If you are renewing a Hackney Carriage Vehicle and it is now 10 years old, you must contact us to check that the vehicle is suitable to be renewed as only vehicles of exceptional condition will be considered beyond this age.
Your completed renewal application form and stated supporting documents can be brought into our Council Offices, where Customer Service will check off the documents, seal them into a secure bag and give you a receipt. Applications will not be accepted without producing these documents.