Renew a Taxi Driver Licence
You will receive notification from us approximately two months prior to the expiry of your licence. We must receive the completed renewal application form and all documentation before your current licence expires. If you fail to meet the renewal deadline you will be required to make a new application for a taxi driver licence.
In order to renew your taxi driver licence all applicants are required to:
- Produce a full current driving licence in good condition.
- Produce on the prescribed form (supplied by South Holland District Council) a duly completed by the applicant's own General Practitioner. You will also be required to have further medical examinations every year once you reach the age of 65.
- Produce a completed .
- Produce documentation to prove you have the right to work in the UK
- Information on what documentation is required can be found on our .
- Pay the renewal fee of £147.00 which includes the DBS check.
- Sign off slip from for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers
- Code to view your driving licence.
You will need to contact us on 01775 761161 to make an appointment and bring in all the following documents to the council offices:
- The completed and the .
- Your DVLA Driving Licence (original - not a photocopy) showing your current address.
- One colour passport type photograph taken within the last month
- Sign off slip from the for Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Drivers
- Code for DVLA driving licence check
- Right to work documentation
- Original documents for DBS application. Help with which documents to bring can be found here
Applications will not be accepted without production of the above.
If you have lost or did not receive your Taxi Driver Renewal pack please phone 01775 761161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new copy.
Please note: It is a criminal offence to drive a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle licensed by South Holland District Council without a hackney carriage/private hire drivers licence issued by South Holland District Council.