Toggle menu

Licensing updates and Consultations

Please for the latest information and advice.

Information on changes to licensing legislation and related local updates. If you require further information, please use our Licensing general enquiry online contact form.

Animal Welfare Policy Consultation

The proposed Animal Welfare Policy for South Holland District Council is now live and in consultation from the 17th April 2024 to the 17th July 2024.

You can find the policy here -  Animal Welfare Policy 2024 (PDF) [223KB] (opens new window)

Please email any comments to no later than the 17th July 2024, anything after this will not be considered.

Drug crime relating to children

Children and young people travelling in taxis or private hire vehicles may be exploited by gangs involved in drug crime. Drug crime gangs, also known as 'county lines' gangs, use children to transport drugs and money across the country. Many of these children travel by taxis or private hire vehicles. The Home Office recommend taxi and private hire drivers to be aware of the following possible signs of a child or young person involved in drug crime:

  • travelling alone
  • travelling during school hours or at unusual hours (early in the morning or late at night)
  • seem unfamiliar with the local area, or doesn't have a local accent
  • travelling a long distance
  • paying for these journeys in cash.

Free publications for Premises Licence Holders

The British Beer and Pub Association have provided some free printable publications (opens new window) for Premises Licence Holders, including Challenge 21 posters.

Temporary off-sales permission for licensed premises

The government have published guidance in relation to temporary off-sales permissions for licensed premises, which includes information on:

  • the purpose of the temporary off-sales extension
  • the difference between pavement licences and alcohol licence
  • the new summary off-sales review process
  • general advice on conducting off-sales.

View the government guidanceĀ for temporary alcohol licensing provisions in the Business and Planning Act (opens new window).