Please visit our COVID-19 section for the latest information and advice.
Information on changes to licensing legislation and related local updates. If you require further information, please use our Licensing general enquiry online contact form.
Charitable Collections Policy Consultation
The Council is currently consulting with residents and key stakeholders in respect of new and policies. The consultation will run until 5pm on Wednesday 5th October 2022. Anyone who wishes to comment should do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , with the words Charitable Collections Policy Consultation in the subject line.
Drug crime relating to children
Children and young people travelling in taxis or private hire vehicles may be exploited by gangs involved in drug crime. Drug crime gangs, also known as 'county lines' gangs, use children to transport drugs and money across the country. Many of these children travel by taxis or private hire vehicles. The Home Office recommend taxi and private hire drivers to be aware of the following possible signs of a child or young person involved in drug crime:
- travelling alone
- travelling during school hours or at unusual hours (early in the morning or late at night)
- seem unfamiliar with the local area, or doesn't have a local accent
- travelling a long distance
- paying for these journeys in cash.
Proposed road closures
No current proposed road closures.
Free publications for Premises Licence Holders
The British Beer and Pub Association have provided some free printable publications for Premises Licence Holders, including Challenge 21 posters.
Temporary off-sales permission for licensed premises
The government have published guidance in relation to temporary off-sales permissions for licensed premises, which includes information on:
- the purpose of the temporary off-sales extension
- the difference between pavement licences and alcohol licence
- the new summary off-sales review process
- general advice on conducting off-sales.