Asbestos in the home
If asbestos containing materials are undamaged or are undisturbed, they aren't a health risk.
If you have material in your home that is damaged, flaking or producing dust and you are worried it might be asbestos please contact us. We will send a trained surveyor out to inspect the material. If we find there is a problem, we will arrange for the damage to be repaired or the asbestos to be removed and disposed of safely.
Many homes built during between 1930 and into the 1980s have some form of asbestos. If a home built with a form of asbestos is in a good state of repair and the asbestos is left undisturbed, then it not a health hazard. We have a duty to manage materials that contain asbestos in our properties and we do this by:
- developing an Asbestos Management Plan setting out how we will manage asbestos in our properties. We are not aware that any of our properties contain high risk materials
- carrying out surveys of individual properties, locations and communal areas. We have an ongoing program of work to carry out inspections to identify and monitor the condition of asbestos containing materials
- recording all asbestos information on our asbestos register
- providing information about the presence of asbestos-containing materials to anyone who could potentially come into contact with them
- employing accredited asbestos survey consultants and licensed asbestos removal contractors for all work involving asbestos-containing materials.
We have an Asbestos Management Policy for all properties and as such, we are not aware that any of our properties contain high risk materials. We have an ongoing program of work to carry out inspections to identify and monitor the condition of asbestos containing materials. Our tradesman and contractors are trained in the awareness and handling of asbestos and any work is done by qualified individuals working to strict safety standards.