Request a repair
Tenants must report any property defects to us by calling 01775 761161. During the call you will be asked to confirm the following information by the telephone operator:
- your full address and postcode
- a contact telephone number or email address
- information about the fault you are reporting.
We will determine the repair priority during the call and arrange a convenient appointment date and time with you for the trades person to visit your home to complete the work. If you have already reported a repair, but are concerned that it has become worse and needs to be repaired before the appointed date, please call us on 01775 761161.
Out of hours emergency repairs
Our out of hours service is only for emergency repairs required outside of normal operating times. If you need to report a fault that is an emergency outside of office hours please call 01522 782235. An emergency repair is something that would put the health, safety or security of a tenant or third party at immediate risk, or cause severe damage to the property such as:
- blocked flue to an open fire or boiler
- a blocked toilet that will not flush and it is the only toilet in the property
- blocked foul drain, soil pipe or toilet and it is the only toilet in the property
- total loss of heating or hot water during the period 31 October - 31 March
- a serious water leak
- unsafe electrical fittings
- an insecure external entrance door, a window on the ground floor or an easily accessible first floor window
- a serious roof leak.
We urge all tenants to ensure that any emergency repairs reported are in fact genuine emergencies that require an urgent response. If the attending trades person considers the repair a non-emergency repair, you may be recharged the cost of attendance at your home.
If you have noticed sparking or faulty electrics that cause you concern, please switch the electric off at the main consumer unit (fuse box).
- Find the consumer unit - often located either in the kitchen or near the front door.
- Flick the main switch downwards to the off position
- Call us immediately on 01775 761161.
If you have a severe water leak that is causing flooding or significant damage to the property, then turn off the water at the stopcock.
- Find the stopcock (it may be under your sink) and turn the tap clockwise
- If you can't find the stopcock or it doesn't shut the water off, then attempt to shut the water off at the meter. Water meters are often in the footpath directly outside the property.
Once the water has been isolated or if you cannot turn the water off, call us on 01775 761161 to report the problem.
Repair response times
Our repairs service is open Monday to Thursday from 8am until 4pm and Friday from 8am until 3.30pm. Repairs are rated by priority and our tradesmen will be scheduled to visit your home to carry out the repair works as follows:
|Repair priority rating||Target attendance time|
|1 - emergency repair reported outside office hours||within 4 hours|
|2 - emergency repair reported within office hours||within 8 hours|
|3 - routine repair||28 working days|