Events / Open Space Bookings

Our Event Planning information which gives further advice on what to consider when organising events. 

The Lincolnshire Event Safety Partnership have produced an 'Event Organisers Handbook' which gives a timeline of areas to consider during your planning process.  It is recommended to start planning a year in advance to ensure all the necessary permissions/licences are applied for and all the elements are in place to ensure a safe event.  

Open Spaces available to hire for events

South Holland District Council manages a number of pitches and open spaces that are available for Football Bookings / Pitch Hire, commercial and community events.

Venues that are available for booking are:

  • Ayscoughfee Gardens, Churchgate, Spalding. PE11 2RA
  • Castle Playing Field, Albion Street, Spalding. PE11 2AJ
  • Monkshouse Lane Playing Field, Spalding. PE11 1LG
  • Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field, Spalding. PE11 1DA

Please note: primarily the playing fields are used as football pitches and availability to hold events may be restricted to certain times of the year due to pitch reinstatement.  Due to the Charity Status of the Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field, events are required to be sports related.

Ayscoughfee Gardens - enquiries should be directed to or call 01775 764555.

For events that involve the use of South Holland District Council owned land, please refer to the following guidance and procedures: 

Fees and Charges for events are considered on a case by case basis.

There are three ways to make an initial enquiry:

The next step will involve completing an Icon for pdf Event Application Form [332.97KB] which should be submitted at least a minimum of 12 weeks before the date of the event. 

However, additional time should be allowed to apply for permission for Alcohol & Entertainment including premises licences, TEN (Temporary Event Notices) or permission for Alcohol and Entertainment .

For Events in Town Centres or on public roads/pavements - enquiries should be directed to Lincolnshire County Council - Register an event affecting the highway