Football bookings and pitch hire
We manage a number of pitches and open spaces that are available for football, commercial and community events.
Football pitches available for hire are located at:
- Sir Halley Stewart playing field, Winfrey Avenue, Spalding, PE11 1DA
- Castle playing field, Albion Street, Spalding, PE11 2AJ
- Monkshouse Lane playing field, Monkshouse Lane, Spalding, PE11 1LG
Playing field facilities
- The Sir Halley Stewart playing field has a floodlit football pitch and training area plus a grandstand that incorporates a seated stand. Changing accommodation is located under the grandstand; a further covered stand is also available for use.
- Castle playing field is located between Albion Street and Pinchbeck Road and can be accessed from either road. It has a football pitch and changing accommodation available to hire. The changing accommodation is located under the swimming pool entrance, which can be accessed from the Pinchbeck Road entrance. During the summer the outdoor bowling green is available for hire on a 'pay and play' basis, through the Castle Sports Complex.
- The Monkshouse Lane playing field is located between Monkshouse Lane and Pennygate and can be accessed from Pennygate. The playing field has two football pitches and changing accommodation.
Hire a football pitch or open space
Before booking, please see our.
To book any of our playing fields for a football match or training session, please complete our booking formand return it via email or post to:
- South Holland District Council Depot
Football pitch bookings
West Marsh Road
View our pitch booking terms and conditions.
Please note our booking restrictions: football bookings are not taken between May and August due to pitch reinstatement.