Walking for health schemes
There are many 'walking for health' schemes across South Holland. The schemes run every week and are free to take part.
This initiative was developed to support our priority for improving health through cultural and sporting opportunities. In order to achieve our ambition for a healthy community, we encourage active recreation. People have told us that they feel an improvement in their overall health after completing walks on a regular basis and it really has put a spring in their step.
The development of walks will enable people, if they wish, to take a walk every day of the week and explore different areas of the district.
Health walk timetable
To take part in the free walks, just turn up on the day(s) as outlined below:
- Spalding - Monday 10.45am meet at South Holland Centre (30 and 60 minutes*)
- Donington - Tuesday 10.30am meet at Ruby Hunt Centre (30, 45 and 90 minutes*)
- Crowland - Wednesday 10.45am meet at Crowland library (30 and 60 minutes*)
- Holbeach - Thursday 10.30am meet at Holbeach United Services Club (60 minutes*)
- Sutton St James - Thursday 10am meet at Sutton St James Village Hall (60 to 90 minutes*)
- Long Sutton - Friday 10.45am meet at Long Sutton library (60 minutes*)
- Spalding - Friday 11am meet at Ayscoughfee Gardens Café (30 minutes*)
* Times are approximate / ** Suitable for disabled walkers
If you would like more information on the walks or are interested in becoming a 'walk leader', please contact our South Holland Walk Coordinator at the Castle Sports Complex by calling 01775 762178.