Toggle menu

Events and open space bookings

Our event planning information gives further advice on what to consider when organising events. We recommend also reviewing the advice on our Safety Advisory Group page for detailed safety advice and considerations when organising events.

The Lincolnshire Event Safety Partnership (opens new window) produced an 'Event Organisers Handbook' which gives a timeline of areas to consider during your planning process. It's recommended to start planning a year in advance to ensure all the necessary permissions or licences are applied for and all the elements are in place to ensure a safe event.  

Open spaces to hire for events

We manage a number of pitches and open spaces that are available for hire for commercial and community events. Venues that are available for booking are:

  • Ayscoughfee Gardens, Churchgate, Spalding, PE11 2RA
  • Castle Playing Field, Albion Street, Spalding, PE11 2AJ
  • Monkshouse Lane Playing Field, Spalding, PE11 1LG
  • Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field, Spalding, PE11 1DA

Please note: primarily the playing fields are used as football pitches and availability to hold events may be restricted to certain times of the year due to pitch reinstatement. Due to the Charity status of the Sir Halley Stewart Playing Field, events are required to be sports related.



Request to book an open space for an event

For events that involve the use of South Holland District Council owned land, please refer to the following guidance and procedures: 

Fees and Charges for events are considered on a case-by-case basis.

To make an enquiry about hiring spaces for an event, please contact us:

For bookings at Ayscoughfee Gardens, please contact them directly on or by calling 01775 764555.

Following your initial enquiry, you will then need to complete an  event application form (PDF) [1MB] (opens new window) . The event application form will need to be submitted at least 12 weeks before the date of the event. Additional time should be allowed to apply for permission for Alcohol and Entertainment including premises licences, TEN (Temporary Event Notices) or permission for Alcohol and Entertainment.

Events in town centres, public roads or pavements

For Events in Town Centres or on public roads/pavements, enquiries should be directed to Lincolnshire County Council to register an event affecting the highway (opens new window).