Toggle menu

Responsible authorities

The enforcing authority for health and safety will usually be the District Council for leisure, catering, sports, and retail premises - not the HSE. If in doubt please check with our Health and Safety Team by calling 01775 761161 before sending copy applications to the HSE as the responsible body for health and safety. Schools and Council-run activities will fall to the HSE.

You must issue a copy of your completed licensing application to each of the Responsible Authorities listed below: