Toggle menu

Exempt building work

Planning Permission and Building Regulation Approval are separate requirements and Building Regulation Approval may be required even if Planning is not. Please contact Building Control if you are unsure

If your building work is exempt, it is best to complete the relevant online exemption form (below) and you will receive notification from us about the exemption. This way ensures you'll have the correct paperwork if you wish to sell your house.

If you are unsure whether your work is exempt, please visit the Interactive House on the Planning Portal or contact us on