Our Building Control service aims to ensure that South Holland has a high standard of construction and to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings.
Most building work, whether that be alterations, a change of use, building extensions or new builds, will require Building Regulation approval. Our web page should answer any questions you have but if you are unsure, please contact our Building Control Team:
- by calling 01775 761161
- by fax 01775 762937
- by emailing email@example.com
- or by using our online building control enquiry form.
Reimbursement for support provided to the Building Safety Regulator
From 1st October 2023, The Building Safety Regulator's (BSR) will have three main functions:
• leading implementation of the new regulatory regime for higher-risk buildings (which includes high-rise buildings).
• helping and encouraging the built environment industry and building control professionals to improve their competence and organisational capability; and
• overseeing the safety and standards of all buildings.
Local Authority building control bodies will support the BSR in the performance of its relevant functions under BSA22 and will be reimbursed for the relevant authority's costs of complying with a request or direction under Section 13 of BSA 22.
Reimbursement is based on an hourly rate for the time of the relevant authority in assisting BSR. South Holland District Councils hourly rate is £55.01.