Exempt Work

Planning Permission and Building Regulation Approval are separate requirements and Building Regulation Approval may be required even if Planning is not. Please contact Building Control if you are unsure bcadmin@sholland.gov.uk.

If your building work is exempt it is best to fill in an online exemption form below and you will receive notification from us about the exemption. It is best to do this so you will have the correct paperwork if you wish to sell your house.

Detached Garage, Garden Shed or Domestic Greenhouse

Conservatory, Porch, Covered Way or Carport

Commercial Greenhouse, Agricultural Building or Building for Housing Animals

If you are unsure if your work is exempt or not please visit the Interactive House or contact Building Control.