Private Sector Housing
Our Private Sector Housing team provides advice, inspection services and information in accordance with the Housing Act 2004, which includes:
- Housing Act legislation and regulations
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) licensing and management
- Amenities, Space and Overcrowding guidance
- Gas and electrical safety for home owners and for privately renting tenants
- Disabled facility grants
- Empty homes
- Caravan site licensing
- Immigration inspections
- Decent homes grants or loans.
Our team work closely with:
- SHDC Housing Options team
- Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue
- Lincolnshire Police
- Lincolnshire Social Services.
Our Private Sector Housing Team have authority to take legal action against landlords and home owners if they fail to comply with the Housing Act 2004.
You can pay online for any of the following Private Sector Housing related payment types:
- HMO licences
- Disabled Facility Grant contributions
- Decent Homes Assistance Grant contributions
- Caravan licences
- Immigration checks
- penalties and fines.