Housing Register privacy notice
Your privacy is very important to South Holland District Council.
What this Privacy Notice covers
South Holland District Council is the Data Controller responsible for the personal information you may provide in relation to the registration of housing applications. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by phone on 01775 761161, via email email@example.com or by writing to us at Legal Services, South Holland District Council, Priory Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2XE.
Your data will be processed by Public Sector Partnership Services Ltd (PSPS), formerly known as Compass Point Business Services, a company which is owned and controlled by East Lindsey and South Holland District Councils. PSPS's Data Protection Officer can be contacted via email Data.Protection@pspsl.co.uk, by phone on 01507 613303, or in writing to Data Protection Officer, Public Sector Partnership Services Ltd, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8UP.
Why we need your personal data
Your information will be used to register applications for housing, including nominations to Housing Associations. The legal basis for processing your data is Article 6.1(c) of the General Data Protection Regulations to comply with our obligations under: Part 6 of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended), Homelessness Act 2002, and Localism Act 2011.
Under Article 9.2(b) of the General Data Protection Regulations, we may also process special categories of data such as:
- Disabilities or vulnerabilities. We use this information to tailor our service to better meet your particular circumstances and needs. We may use this information for safeguarding of staff
- Health/medical information. We use this information to tailor our service to better meet your particular circumstances and needs. We may use this information for safeguarding of staff
- Financial information. We may use this to help resolve arrears payments and optionally to provide welfare, benefits and debt advice as a free service to help you budget and pay your bills. We may use this to apply for funding on your behalf
We collect and hold information about you in order to:
- confirm your identity and eligibility
- understand your personal needs and circumstances
- understand what we can do for you and inform you of any other relevant services and benefits
- contact you by telephone, email or post
- update your customer record and keep you updated
- help us to build up a picture of how we are delivering the service.
How your data is used
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- to register your application for housing, and to monitor and improve the council's performance in responding to your application
- to allow us to be able to communicate and provide services and benefits appropriate to your needs
- to ensure that we meet our legal obligations
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime
- where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
- to allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
We may need to share your information with other organisations such as local authorities, Landlords and the CAB who are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only for the specified purpose. If we wish to pass your sensitive (special categories) information onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so. We may disclose information to other partners where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act. We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual.
How long the information is kept for
Information relating to housing register applications will be kept for as long as the application is current and for a period of 6 years afterwards on re-view.