Housing Advice and Homelessness
Our Housing Options Team are able to offer advice on housing problems including the following:
- how to deal with mortgage or rent arrears.
- harassment and illegal eviction.
- loss of accommodation.
- relationship breakdown including domestic abuse.
- disrepair in rented accommodation.
Useful self help tools
The following checkers help determine your tenure type and rights:
The following links are guides to renting properties, for both landlords and tenants:
- How to Rent guide - what landlords must legally provide tenants with at the start of a tenancy (opens new window).
- Renting - a landlords guide (opens new window).
- Renting - a tenants guide (opens new window).
Services that may be useful are listed below:
- Citizens Advice Bureau (opens new window).
- Shelter (opens new window).
- www.wellbeinglincs.org/ (opens new window) - supporting people to stay well and live independently.
- www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en (opens new window) - Money Helper.
Advice on your housing options and rights
If you require advice about your options and rights, please register here and complete the "My Options" section of our housing portal to provide us with information about your housing situation.
- It will take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete this form.
- Please do not ring our Customer Services team in an attempt to avoid filling out this form - they will direct you back to the website.
- After receiving your form, we will review the information and contact you within 28 days. Please allow us the full 28 days to contact you - do not contact us during this time unless there has been a significant change of circumstances.
- Whilst you are waiting for us to contact you, please try to resolve the situation by yourself. See what steps you can take to stay where you are by speaking to your landlord/mortgage company/family and friends. If you cannot continue to stay where you are, use this time to look for new a property to move to - look on Rightmove, the local newspaper, Facebook etc. apply to join the Housing Register. You need to be realistic about the options available to you including considering all property types and locations suitable for your household.
We can offer you advice if you are homeless now, or threatened with homelessness in the near future.
Please proceed to our homelessness page for further information and advice.