Weddings and Civil Ceremonies
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens is the perfect venue and picture-perfect setting for your wedding or civil ceremony celebration.
Thank you for your interest in Ayscoughfee Hall for the venue of your wedding.
Please note that we are currently closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak and we are currently unable to arrange viewings of the hall.
At this time, we do not know when we will be able to re-open the hall safely. Due to the current restrictions on social distancing to help suppress the spread of COVID-19, availability of the Registrars and uncertainty as to when will re-open, we may not be able to accept any new bookings for ceremonies.
Please find more information below about ceremonies at Ayscoughfee during COVID-19 restrictions, as well as once things are back to normal.
Ceremonies during the COVID-19 outbreak
Due to the limitations of the hall, measures to keep people safe and current restrictions on Weddings from Government and Registrars the following measures will be in place:
- to ensure safe social distancing during the ceremony and pre-ceremony checks, a 2 meter distance will be observed throughout the hall
- this reduces the need for face coverings, but couples and guests are encouraged to do so where they are able to
- maximum of 16 guests, plus the couple (18 people in total). This figure does not include registrars, but does include any other people such as photographers.
- whilst we do have some flexibility on seating arrangements, our ceremony room is narrow, which limits how we can seat people safely
- this maximum number assumes that groups of guests will be able to sit together (for example in household or family groups)
- depending on the groupings of your guests the maximum number might need to be reduced to maintain 2m distance between groups.
- bookings are for ceremony only
- no reception, food or drink, would be permitted at the hall
- please note that if you are arranging a reception elsewhere, these are still limited: "wedding celebrations can only happen when people follow the guidance of six people outdoors, support bubbles, or two households indoors or outdoors. It is critical for these guidelines to be observed to keep you and your family and friends as safe as possible." See coronavirus FAQs on GOV.UK about what you can and can't do.
- the hall will be closed to the public for your ceremony
- to minimise group exposure during ceremonies (recommended time is 15 minutes), the Registrars have advised that ceremonies are likely to be shortened and limited to one reading and simpler vows to accommodate this restriction
- Ayscoughfee Hall staff will set up the room, meet and greet the party, but will not be present in the room during the ceremony. This means you should you want music, you will need to ask a member of your party to manage this for you
- we will be required to keep a temporary record of visitors for 21 days to assist with NHS Test and Trace requests for data if needed for contact tracing and the investigation of local outbreaks. Couples/guests will need to provide contact details (Name, telephone number and/or email address) of everyone attending a ceremony
- any bookings or reservations made will be on the understanding that they may be subject to additional social distancing measures and restrictions or cancelled at short notice to adhere to current government guidance to protect the safety of guests, staff and members of the public
- please see current government guidance for more information about ceremonies.
Ceremonies after COVID-19 outbreak
Ayscoughfee Hall is licensed to hold civil ceremonies for up to 40 people. It is an intimate and unique venue set in five acres of public gardens ideal for your photographs.
The cost of a civil wedding at Ayscoughfee Hall ranges from £300 to £900 inc. VAT, depending on your requirements.
All packages includes exclusive use of rooms within our South Wing which includes:
- The Spalding Gentlemen's Society room, one of our licensed rooms, holds up 40 guests, enabling you to enjoy a beautifully intimate ceremony, surrounded by those closest to you. This room provides views over the South Lawn, with its iconic Yew Trees that are over 200 years old.
- The 19th Century Library provides a fantastic setting for photographs and signing the Register, and is also licensed for smaller ceremonies.
- The Garden Room with views and access to the gardens, is available for light refreshments before and after the ceremony.
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum is a medieval hall dating back to 1451, an impressive Grade 1 listed building -which makes it an amazing and unique setting for your wedding or civil ceremony. This fascinating building mirrors the changing tastes and times of its successive owners with architectural details from the Medieval, Georgian and Victorian periods. View more about the history of Ayscoughfee.
The hall sits within five acres of unique public gardens. Among the attractions of the beautiful grounds are a late eighteenth century ice house, fine yew hedges dating back to the 1720s, an ornamental lake and a war memorial designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens. View more about the gardens at Ayscoughfee.
The hall is just minutes from Spalding Town Centre and there is ample public parking nearby for your guests. See our page on visiting Ayscoughfee.
Ceremonies held at the hall includes exclusive use of our South Wing:
- The Spalding Gentlemen's Society room, one of our licensed rooms, holds up 40 guests, enabling you to enjoy a beautifully intimate ceremony, surrounded by those closest to you. This room provides views over the South Lawn, with its iconic Yew Trees that are over 200 years old. We provide table linens, chair covers and chair bows to dress the room.
- The 19th Century Library provides a fantastic setting for photographs and signing the Register, and is also licensed for ceremonies, with a maximum capacity of six people.
- The Garden room, with views and access to the gardens, is available for light refreshments before and after the ceremony. We can provide tea and coffee for your guests, but please note that we do not have catering facilities at the hall. Hirers of the hall are welcome to use an outside catering company. Ayscoughfee Cafe can also provide refreshments for your celebration.
We offer three wedding packages:
- £300 - Basic package: perfect if you just want a small ceremony for around 10 guests with no reception.
- £600 - Standard package: ideal option for up to 40 guests. This option adds a short drinks reception to your ceremony. Up to 3 hours.
- £900 - Enhanced: for ceremonies with a reception before and/or after the ceremony. For parties up to 40 guests, this option allows a longer reception and enables you to add external catering to your wedding. Up to 5 hours. If you would require the hall for longer, this can be arranged, but will incur additional fees to cover the cost of hall staff.
All packages include use of the hall and gardens for your photographs.
Booking the hall
As a Grade I listed building, the number of weddings allowed per year is limited and are on a first come first served basis. In order to secure a date, we require a 50 percent non-refundable deposit.
We understand that you may have lots of other things to organise so to help with this, you can make a reservation and we will provisionally hold it for eight weeks.
However, please note that as a working museum, the hall is often needed for other events at short notice. This means we cannot guarantee dates and times until you have made a firm booking by paying the non-refundable deposit. We will of course do our best to preserve the date of your reservation, and contact you as soon as possible, should there be any issues with the date you have reserved.
Planning your Ceremony at Ayscoughfee Hall
To make sure everything goes smoothly for your ceremony, we will meet with you and go over the plan for your big day. We will check your requirements and draw up a plan for arrangements before, during and after your wedding day. To help with this, please have a look at our:
To book a Registrar or for more information, you will need to contact them directly or visit the Lincolnshire Registrar Services website.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Wedding Coordinator on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens registered charity number 515905