Plan your visit to Ayscoughfee Hall and Gardens
Ayscoughfee Gardens are open from 8am, until 30 minutes before dusk. If you are visiting the gardens, please remember to adhere to social distancing guidelines and stay more than 2 metres apart from others.
Entry to the Gardens is via Chestnut Avenue (next to the Vista car park). Entrance to the Gardens is free to all visitors.
Toilets - There are toilets outside in the Gardens. These are currently open, when the Cafe is open. These are located in the pavilion (next to the cafe), and include an accessible toilet that can be accessed with a RADAR key.
Ayscoughfee Hall Café is open 7 days a week from 10am until 3:30pm in the Winter and 10am-5pm in the Summer. They have Covid Safety measures in place, so please do be patient. Please see their website www.ayscoughfeehallcafe.co.uk or Facebook page for more information. You can also call them on 07737 608697 or email them at email@example.com. Ayscoughfee Hall Café is a family run business with a passion for food, which aims create a family friendly eatery using locally sourced homemade food. The Café can be found in the Garden Pavilion, in the heart of the Gardens. They serve hot and cold food, tea, coffee and cold drinks, as well as ice lollies, ice cream and homemade cakes.
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum
We are pleased to welcome visitors back to Ayscoughfee Hall Museum.
We are open on Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays,10am - 2pm.
When we are closed we are unable to receive phone calls. If you have any questions or need to get in touch with us, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact customer services on 01775 761161 who can pass a message on to us. If you require a call back, please include your phone number in your message.
Getting to Ayscoughfee Hall and Gardens
Ayscoughfee Hall is a few minutes walk from Spalding town centre. The address is: Ayscoughfee Hall, Churchgate, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2RA.
Entry to the Gardens and the rear of the Hall is in Chestnut Avenue (next to the Vista car park)
If you're travelling to Ayscoughfee by road, train, river or bus, please follow these helpful directions:
- By road - Ayscoughfee Hall is located on the B1173 in the heart of Spalding and a short drive from the A16 that links Peterborough to Boston. Follow the brown road signs to the Hall. For Sat Nav users, use postcode PE11 2RA.
- Parking - although we don't have our own car park, there is free on-street parking in front of the hall. Some of the bays do have time limits, so please check when parking. See other car parks around Spalding.
- By coach or minibus - coaches and minibuses can drop off on the road in front of the hall, but will need to park elsewhere. The nearest coach parking is at Spalding bus station (PE11 1QB), which is about a 10 minute walk.
- Please note, there is a high kerb on the road in front of the hall, so people are advised to take extra care when alighting from coaches.
- By train - the nearest station is Spalding, with direct trains to/from Lincoln and Peterborough. The station is approximately ½ mile from the hall, about a 10 minute walk.
- By bus - you can travel direct to Spalding with buses to/from; Boston, Bourne, Kings Lynn, Market Deeping, Peterborough and Stamford. The bus station is approximately ½ mile from the hall, about a 10 minute walk.
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum is a Medieval hall dating back to 1451, an impressive Grade 1 listed building. This fascinating building mirrors the changing tastes and times of its successive owners with architectural details from the Medieval, Georgian and Victorian periods. View information about the History of Ayscoughfee.
The Hall sits within five acres of unique public gardens. Among the attractions of the beautiful grounds are a late eighteenth century ice house, fine yew hedges dating back to the 1720s, an ornamental lake and a war memorial designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens. View information about the Gardens.
For more information about Spalding, please see our Leisure section.
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens registered charity number 515905.