Housing Options privacy notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Your privacy is very important to South Holland District Council.
South Holland District Council is the Data Controller responsible for the personal information you may provide in relation to Housing Options. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by phone on 01775 761161, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Legal Services, South Holland District Council, Priory Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2XE.
Your data will be processed by Public Sector Partnership Services Ltd (PSPS), formerly known as Compass Point Business Services, a company which is owned and controlled by East Lindsey and South Holland District Councils. PSPS's Data Protection Officer can be contacted via email Data.Protection@pspsl.co.uk, by phone on 01507 613303, or in writing to Data Protection Officer, Public Sector Partnership Services Ltd, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8UP.
Why we need your personal data
Your information will be used to manage housing advice cases, homelessness and prevention cases and administer the housing register. The legal basis for processing your data is Article 6 (c) of the General Data Protection Regulations to comply with our legal obligations under: Housing Act 1977, 1996, Homelessness Act 2002, Localism Act 2011, Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
We collect and hold information about you in order to:
- confirm your identity and eligibility
- understand your needs to provide the service you have requested
- understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- contact you by telephone, email or post
- update your customer record and keep you updated
- help us to build up a picture of how we are delivering the service you have requested
- prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- make sure we meet our statutory obligations
The categories of information we collect are:
- Name and address
- Contact details (email/telephone number)
- National insurance number
- Date of birth
- Household details
- Medical information
- Proof of occupancy or ownership
- Financial information including savings; investments; income; benefit payments
How your data is used
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- to assess service eligibility, assess applications and complete tenancy sign ups
- to monitor and improve our products and services and for the development of future products and services
- to allow us to be able to communicate and provide services and benefits appropriate to your needs
- to ensure that we meet our legal obligations
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime
- to process relevant financial transactions including rent in advance payments
- where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury
- to allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
We may need to share your information with other organisations such as local authorities, Housing Associations, Landlords and the CAB who are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only for the specified purpose. If we wish to pass your sensitive (special categories) information onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so. We may disclose information to other partners where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act. We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual.
How long the information is kept for
Information will be kept for as long as the case or application is current and for a period of 6 years afterwards on re-view.