Brownfield Land Register - Part 1
Part 1 of the Brownfield Land Register consists of all Brownfield sites that the council considers to be appropriate for housing-led development. This includes sites that have full or outline planning permission as well as sites without planning permission.
There are currently 28 sites included on Part 1 of the Brownfield Land Register, of which 16 have planning permission or there is a decision pending on an application.
How Brownfield sites are selected
Sites must meet the relevant criteria set out in the Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017. This means that they must:
- meet the definition of previously developed land contained in the National Planning Policy Framework (2012)
- conform with local and national planning policy
- be 'suitable' for residential development: this means the land has planning permission for housing or housing-led development; or has been allocated for such development in a Local Plan; or is considered appropriate for such development by the council
- be 'available' for residential development: this means that there is no impediment to development in terms of either ownership issues or legal constraints on the land; and
- be 'achievable'; the land is likely to be developed for housing within 15 years of being entered on the register.
When determining which sites to include, the starting point was to undertake a review of Brownfield sites identified by the Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA). The SHLAA is a technical document which considers the suitability of sites for housing development and whether they are available and achievable. This includes land suggested to the Council by landowners and their agents through the Local Plan process. This review identified 12 Brownfield sites (without planning permission) that comply with the criteria in the Regulations.
The Brownfield Land Register
The Brownfield Land Register for the South Holland District can be viewed either in CSV or PDF formats below, however, maps are provided in PDF format only.
Site Plan Maps:
If you require any of these documents in alternative format, please contact us.