Working for South Holland District Council
The Council has always been a forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and innovative authority. We continue to strive for excellence and deliver great value for money for our residents while making the most of the huge opportunities for economic growth in our district.
South Holland District Council is always looking out for talented people with the skills to help deliver our services and continue to help make our Council a success.
- To develop safer, stronger, healthier and more independent communities while protecting the most vulnerable
- To have pride in South Holland by supporting the district and residents to develop and thrive
- To provide the right services, at the right time and in the right way
- To encourage the local economy to be vibrant with continued growth
- Pride: To feel proud of the work we do as part of this organisation
- Recognised: The contribution we make through our work is recognised by the organisation
- Communication: The organisation values, and takes seriously, the movement of information and opinion
- Motivated: There is a positive approach to work performance and improvement throughout the organisation
- Inclusive: The organisation understands, and takes into account, the needs of all internal and external customers, members of the staff team whatever job they do, and wherever they do it
- 24 days leave increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Car mileage allowance
- Excellent training opportunities
- Flexible Working Scheme
- Employee Assist (24 hours access to Counselling & Legal Advice Service)
- Staff forum
- Child Care Vouchers
Investors In People (IIP) is the National Standard which sets a level of good practice for improving our performance by investing in the training and development of our staff. South Holland is proud to have a bronze accreditation.