Whilst work experience placements are generally aimed at young people at school, college or university, opportunities are also available for older people seeking to change their career direction or those aiming to return to the workplace.
To make an enquiry about work experience at the Council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work experience process:
- The individual will need to decide what area(s) of the Council they would like to take their work experience in.
- The individual will then need to email email@example.com with the area(s) they would like to work in and why, along with the dates the work experience will need to take place. They will also need to attach a CV. (We appreciate that students may not have a full CV, but should include an attachment that will include something about them and their academic history)
- HR will receive the email and liaise with the relevant departmental manger(s). If possible the manager will agree to accommodate and will be in touch with the individual directly. If for any reason they cannot accommodate HR will be in touch to explain the reasons why.
Departments within SHDC:
- Ayscoughfee Hall
- Asset and Property
- Communications (Graphics and Design)
- Community Development
- Construction Services
- Democratic Services and Legal
- Environmental Services
- Housing Operations
- Inward investment
- Planning and Building Control
- Public Protection
- South Holland Centre.
PSPSL provide the back office services for SHDC, which you can also apply for work experience within their departments:
- Customer Contact
- Human Resources
- Revenues and Benefits.