Holbeach FEZ LDO
The Holbeach Food Enterprise Zone (FEZ) Local Development Order (LDO) was adopted on 20 November 2018.
The adopted LDO is designed to streamline the planning process by removing the need for developers to make separate planning applications for development within the Holbeach FEZ. The FEZ covers an area of 17 hectares and is located at the intersection of the A17/A151.
The purpose of the Holbeach FEZ is to support and promote the Agri-Food industry in South East Lincolnshire and the surrounding area. Its aim is to offer a spectrum of accommodation, business support, technology, training and networking for Agri-Food in order to maximise the positive impact of this key sector on the local economy and act as a focus for future development.
The Holbeach FEZ LDO grants outline planning permission, with all matters reserved, for employment and education-led schemes on the whole of the FEZ site for the following range of uses:
- 20,000 square metres B1 Business Use (offices/research and development)
- 20,000 square metres B2 General Industrial Use
- 9,500 square metres D1 Non-Residential Institutional Use (education and training)
- 1,500 square metres D2 Conference Facilities
- 1,500 square metres A2 Financial and Professional Services Use
- 3,000 square metres C1 Hotel or Motel Use, and
- Ancillary B8 Storage and Distribution and A3 Restaurant/Café Uses.
The LDO also grants permission in principle for associated infrastructure and site preparation works.
The Order is accompanied by a set of planning conditions which require details of reserved matters (access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) and that the development is carried out in accordance with the site-wide Flood Risk Assessment. They also require the prior installation of circulation routes, the provision of car parking, details of surface water drainage and foul water discharge, pollution control, site and floor levels, construction management and demolition control.
A copy of the adopted Holbeach Food Enterprise Zone Local Development Order and supporting documents are available to view or download: