'Sharps collection' is the collection of used syringes.
A collection facility for used syringes is provided at The Council Offices, Priory Road, Spalding, PE11 2XE. However, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- all syringes must be in an appropriate sharps container
- you should place your sharps container in our receptacle, which can be found in the foyer area of the Council Offices
- Council staff will not handle any sharps and/or containers
- we reserve the right to refuse sharps that are not presented in a sharps container
- we are not able to provide replacement sharps containers - these are available from your local doctor's surgery.
The members of staff on reception will refuse to accept your used syringes if the above guidelines are not adhered to.
If you aren't able to bring your sharps container to the Council Offices, please contact Customer Services to arrange a home collection.