If you need to report a vehicle you suspect as being abandoned, please gather as much of the following information as possible:
- location of vehicle (as much detail as possible)
- make and model of vehicle
- colour of vehicle
- vehicle registration number
- how long it's been there
- the vehicle owners details, if known.
You can report an abandoned vehicle online (opens new window) or contact Customer Services.
Once a vehicle is reported, we'll visit it as soon as possible. Each vehicle is assessed individually. If the owner and/or the registered keeper of a vehicle is identified, then the vehicle has not been abandoned.
If a notice has been attached to your vehicle you must:
- contact us immediately on 01775 761161 and state that you wish to claim the vehicle
- arrange a date and time to claim the vehicle with us, to provide your proof of ownership of the vehicle.