SHDC Housing Benefits Overpayments
If you have been paid more housing benefit than you are entitled to, we will contact you to tell you about it and to arrange repaying the overpaid amount.
We may be able to make a payment arrangement with you if you are can't afford to pay the full amount of the overpayment straight away. Please contact our Overpayments Team on 01507 329199 as the sooner you contact us, the more likely it is that we can help you.
Repaying housing benefit overpayment
There are a number of ways that you can pay back an overpayment of housing benefit, which are detailed below;
- Deductions from housing benefit - we can make deductions from your housing benefit entitlement, if you are still receiving the benefit.
- Online - repayment can be made online using a credit or debit card.
- By phone - you can call 0345 340 9310 to make a payment using our automated payment line. Payments can be made by credit or debit card, 24 hours a day. Please have your invoice number and card details ready.
- Online banking - if you want to pay directly from your bank account, you will need the following details;
Sort code: 30-00-00
Account Number : 00211567
Account Name: South Holland District Council
Reference: please quote your invoice number when making payments.
- Cheque's and postal orders - should be made payable to South Holland District Council and sent to;
South Holland District Council
Please write your invoice number on the back of your cheque.
Post dated cheque's are not accepted.
Please do not send cash through the post.