Toggle menu

Housing Benefit change of circumstances

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, you need to tell us of any change in your circumstances. You must tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your circumstances. Any delay in telling us about any changes may mean:

  • you may be overpaid and will have to pay the money back
  • we may not pay you the extra money you would normally receive
  • you could face criminal charges.

These changes could be:

  • money you receive - changes in income such as wages, tax credits, pensions, other benefit payments or child maintenance
  • bank accounts, savings and investments - changes to bank accounts, savings and investments and the amount of money in these
  • people who live with you - changes to the people who live with you or the income of those who live with you
  • moving home or change in rent - changes in your address, the rent you pay or the services you are charged for.

This is not an exhaustive list. If you're not sure, please contact us to tell us about your change in circumstances and we'll let you know if it affects the money you receive.

If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, please report your change in circumstances to us by: