There are times when you'll need our permission as a tenant of a council home. You must gain our permission before:
- getting a pet (unless it's a small caged birds, fish in tanks or small caged rodents)
- taking in a lodger or sub-letting any part of your home
- exchanging or transferring your home
- being away from your home for more than four weeks
- keeping more than three motor vehicles at home
- running a business from home
- making a home improvement*.
Please be assured that we won't withhold permission unreasonably, but we may set certain conditions that you need to meet as part of any agreement given.
*The types of home improvement that require our permission are such things as:
- making structural changes, alterations, improvements or additions to the property
- installing floor tiles, laminate/wooden flooring or similar
- removing, replacing or planting any fence or tree at the property
- installing decking, a conservatory, greenhouse, fence, wall, garage, shed, patio, animal enclosure, fishpond, pool or other structure in your garden
- fitting a satellite dish or closed-circuit television system in the property or within its boundaries.
You can request our permission online using the buttons below or you can apply in writing by emailing email@example.com or by post:
South Holland District Council