Toggle menu

House to House collections

A permit is issued by us under the House to House Collections Act 1939. A House to House collection permit is required for anyone wishing to carry out a House to House charity collection within the South Holland District Council area.

Due to the number of collection requests we receive, permits can only be issued up to six months in advance. Only three weeks can be allocated during the six month period, due to a limitation on the number of collections permitted in an area at the same time.

If you are a charity that holds a Home Office Exemption Certificate, you will not need a permit in order to collect on behalf of your charity. If you do hold an exemption, please contact us on 01775 761161 or by emailing to confirm the dates you wish to conduct your collection. The Cabinet Office maintain a list of all Home Office Exemption Order Holders.

Apply for a House to House collection permit

If you'd like to apply for a House to House collection permit, please first contact us on 01775 761161 or email to confirm the date you wish to collect. Once the date is agreed, please complete and return the Icon for pdf House to House Charity Collection application form [119.56KB].

On receipt of your completed application, we will issue your permit. You are required to obtain identity badges and forms from HM Stationery Office. The HM Stationery Office will only supply these on receipt of your completed application and issued permit. Further details of how to do this will be supplied with your permit.

The Institute of Fundraising website has guidelines for House to House collections.