Students and apprentices
Certain people will not be counted when looking at the number of adults living in a property.
Council Tax discounts are available for:
- full time students - complete the and provide a student status certificate.
- school leavers - 18 and 19 year olds who are at, or have just left, school. Contact us on 01775 761161 to discuss.
- child benefit - people over 18 still receiving child benefit. Please provide award letter.
- apprentices - complete the and provide a copy of apprenticeship agreement and wage slips.
In some cases a Council Tax exemption may be due, such as:
- Exempt Class K - the property has been left empty by a student. If you think you may qualify, contact us on 01775 761161.
- Exempt Class M - student halls of residence. If you think you may qualify, contact us on 01775 761161.
- Exempt Class N - all occupiers are students, school or college leavers or dependants of students. Please complete the and provide a student status certificate.
Students and apprentices FAQs
- Do I get a discount if my partner is a student?
Possibly. If there are two adults living in the property then you may receive a 25 percent discount.