Pay a Fixed Penalty Notice
Authorised officers issue Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN) for a range of environmental crimes. Examples of environmental offences include:
- dropping litter, including chewing gum or cigarette butts
- fly-posting and unauthorised distribution of printed materials
- failing to pick up dog mess
- those who continually leave their rubbish or recycling waste out for collection days before the scheduled collection
- those who continually leave contaminated waste or recycling out for collection.
Failing to pay an Environmental FPN will make you liable to conviction for the offence. If no payment is received, we may prepare a file for consideration of prosecution.