Toggle menu

Single Person Discount

If you live alone or are the only person over 18 in the property you can get a 25 percent discount. To qualify, the property must be your main home.

Complete and return the  single person discount application form (PDF) [39KB] (opens new window)

If you qualify for a Council Tax discount you must tell us within 21 days if there is a change that might affect it. We can impose a £70 penalty if you do not tell us about a change.

Single person discount FAQs

  • My partner works away all week and only comes back home for holidays. Can I have a Single Person Discount?
    No. A person's home is regarded as 'where they would normally live were it not for their work commitments' even if the majority of their time is spent elsewhere.
  • I have a holiday home and I am the sole owner. Can I have a Single Person Discount?
    No. Single Person Discount can only be granted if someone over the age of 18 is occupying the property as their main home.

See how your information is used.