Problems paying Council Tax
To give us the best chance of helping you, contact us as soon as you think you are going to have a problem paying your bill. See ourfor more information. Before you contact us, please ensure you:
- check if you qualify for a discount, exemption or Council Tax Support
- review your finances
- consider how to resolve the problem - we offer weekly, fortnightly, monthly and four weekly payment options.
See our ways to pay web page.
If we don't know you're having problems, we will continue with enforcement action and you could end up having to pay a lot more. To discuss a payment arrangement, call us on 01775 761161 and select 'Council Tax' to speak with an advisor.
- Citizens Advice gives free, independent advice helping to resolve legal, money and other problems
- National Debtline offer advice on how to deal with debt problems
- StepChange give advice, support or solutions to resolve your debt problems
- Age UK offers information and advice to claim the benefits you are entitled to
- Lincolnshire Credit Union provide community banking; offering access to a supported budget account
- Money Advice Service is a non profit government organisation, solely helping people with their finances.