Do I pay Council Tax on a caravan?
We will consider your caravan to be your sole or main residence if you:
- have ownership of another home elsewhere but it is occupied by someone else
- stay at your caravan for large parts of the time the site is open
- cannot provide enough evidence to show you live somewhere else.
The following issues will not stop you from being responsible for payment of Council Tax:
- having your post re-directed because the site does not allow post
- paying rates to the site owner separately to the rent
- having to leave the site when it is closed
- overnight stays at a friends or relatives address.
If you are unsure if you need to register, take a look at the . If after considering the examples you think you should be registered to pay Council Tax, please contact us on 01775 761161 and select 'Council Tax' to speak with an advisor.