In the Autumn Budget 2018 the Government introduced a new Retail Discount which will be available for the years 2019/20 and 2020/21. Businesses that qualify will receive a discount of one third of their Business Rates bills.
Properties that will benefit from the Retail Discount will be occupied business properties with a rateable value of less than £51,000 that are wholly or mainly being used as shops, restaurants, cafés, drinking establishments and are reasonably accessible to visiting members of the public.
We will award the Retail Discount in line with the Governments view of what is meant by 'shops, restaurants, cafes and drinking establishments' and will be based on actual use. For full details of those properties that may qualify, please read the.
The following businesses for the purposes of this scheme are not considered retail and will not qualify;
- Financial services (banks, building societies, pawn brokers etc)
- Other services (estate agents, letting agents, employment agencies)
- Medical services (vets, dentists, doctors, osteopaths, chiropractors etc)
- Professional services (solicitors, accountants, insurance agents, financial advisors, tutors etc)
- Post office sorting office
If you wish to apply, please complete and return the.
Financial awards such as this Retail Discount are required to comply with the EU law on State Aid. Please be aware that by signing the Application Form you are confirming that your organisation has not received more than €200,000 in total of De Minimis aid within the current financial year or the previous two financial years.