Household Support Fund
Last updated: 05/10/2023
The Government has announced that a further Household Support Fund grant will be made available to county councils and unitary authorities in England to support those most in need.
The government has awarded Lincolnshire £10,929,370 Household Support Fund for support until 31 March 2024.
Having reviewed the guidance on how this funding can be used, Lincolnshire County Council has worked in partnership with district councils to identify and agree the most appropriate methods for it to be distributed.
The government has asked local authorities to prioritise supporting households with energy costs, food, essentials linked to energy and water, and wider essentials using this fund.
- 43% of the funding will be available to schools and early years providers to support for children eligible for benefit-related free school meals, early years pupil premium and families with a 2-year-old eligible for early years entitlement.
- 44% will be delivered by Lincolnshire's District Councils to provide financial support to housing benefit only claimants not in receipt of national 'cost of living support payments'.
- 1% of the grant funding will be used to provide financial support to eligible care leavers in supported living accommodation.
- The remaining grant funding will be directed towards other vulnerable households via local schemes.
Can I apply for a Household Support Fund grant?
East Lindsey District Council are pleased to be working with Lincolnshire Community Foundation to offer small grants to households who are just about managing, but do not qualify for other national cost of living support payments, entitlements or income support.
To apply, please visit Lincolnshire Community Foundation's South & East Lincolnshire Council's Partnership Household Support Fund grant.
If you do not have internet access please contact the Grants team on 01529 305825.
- All awards are made at the discretion of Lincolnshire Community Foundation and South & East Lincolnshire Council's Partnership.
- Submitting the application is no guarantee that your application will be successful.
- Applications will be assessed based on the information you provide and needs of your household.
- Applications are limited to one per household during the grant period.
- This is not an emergency support scheme and grants will not be processed immediately.
We appreciate that not all households will be eligible for support. However, the government have put a number of arrangements in place and this is just one.
Other support available
If you are in need of an emergency food parcel, please contact your local food bank or community larder who may be able to help.
In Lincolnshire there is a Holiday Food and Activity programme for children eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
If you are finding it difficult to manage at this difficult time, please remember Citizens Advice South Lincolnshire offer free, confidential and impartial advice to everyone to find a way forward whatever problem they may face. So please call their advice line 0808 278 7996.