Toggle menu


South Holland constantly aims for excellent standards when dealing with all customers. If our service fails to reach this high level we want to put things right as quickly as possible.

Your views, whether critical or complimentary, play an important part in helping us to improve our services. Customer comments, good or bad, are treated with equal weight and are responded to promptly.

If you want to contact the council to provide feedback or raise a request which relates to COVID-19, please use our dedicated COVID-19 feedback form.
For all requests we aim to respond within our usual time frames. However, we have taken the decision to put in extra measures assessing and prioritising contact with vulnerable residents. This may cause a delay in acknowledgment and response for others. 
We appreciate your patience and understanding during the current pandemic.

We encourage all issues and complaints to be raised directly with the relevant service area via our service issue form, as this will ensure your issue/complaint goes directly to the service and can be resolved as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Alternatively If your issue relates to such things as missed bins, anti-social behaviour, fly-tipping or abandoned vehicles, please visit our online reporting page.

Formal corporate complaints

If you have raised an issue with a service before and do not feel that this has been adequately dealt with then you may wish to submit a Formal Complaint to the Council.

Corporate/Formal Complaints are managed  by our Corporate Complaints and Performance team and an acknowledgement will be sent once this is picked up by the team and passed on to the correct service, we aim to do this within 5 working days of receipt. When responding to Corporate Complaints the following time scales will apply.

  • Stage 1 complaints are to be responded to within 15 working days of receipt 
  • Stage 2 responses are due within 20 working days from receipt of request to escalate the complaint 

In exceptional circumstances we may require a longer investigation time, in this instance we will contact you to advise of the new timescale.

If you wish to raise an issue or concern with a council provided service, please complete our service issue form.

If you do not feel your feedback has been dealt with at this stage and wish to make a formal complaint, please complete our formal complaint form.