Toggle menu

Council Tax Support

From 1 April 2020, if you are making a new claim for Universal Credit and indicate on your claim form that you wish to claim a Council Tax discount, you will not need to complete a separate application form. Once we have received notification from Universal Credit, we will write to you. We will assess any entitlement to Council Tax Support when we receive your award details from Universal Credit. If we require any further information we will contact you.

If you are moving to the South Holland district and already receive Universal Credit, or when you made your claim you did not indicate you wanted to claim Council Tax support, you will need to complete a Council Tax Support application.

If you are experiencing any difficulties paying your council tax while your claim for Universal Credit is being considered, please contact us as soon as possible on 01775 761161.

Apply for Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support is calculated as a means-tested discount. The amount each household has to pay is dependent on their individual circumstances.

You can apply for Council Tax Support online.

Care Leavers

Young people leaving care may be eligible for a reduction in their council tax up to their 25th birthday. 

You can apply online  Care Leavers Reduction Application Form (PDF) [157KB]

Council Tax Support scheme

View documents about our Council Tax Support scheme for 2022/2024 and 2024/2025 in the South Holland district:

You can also view our Council Tax Support scheme documents from previous years: