Garden Waste Pilot Scheme
Residents can renew their subscription, apply or register on the waiting list by clicking on the button below.
We strongly encourage anyone interested in having the service to enter their details on the waiting list. Any future extension to the scheme will be based on the waiting list. Should it be agreed to extend the scheme people on the waiting list will be contacted in the order they applied to confirm that they still wish to take advantage of the service.
The service has been approved to go ahead for a trial period of two years and the first collections took place in April 2016. The areas of the district covered in year one of the trial are parts of Spalding, Holbeach, Crowland, Long Sutton, Sutton Bridge and Donington.
The service will be for the collection and disposal of garden waste using 240 litre wheeled bins. However, an alternative paper sack service will be available for those residents with less garden waste to dispose of.
The first wheeled bin at a property will have an annual cost of £49 for 24 collections throughout the year on a fortnightly basis (with the exception of the Christmas period) plus a £15 charge to cover delivery, repairs and loan of the bin, newsletters and further offers.
Subject to collection constraints, second wheeled bins will be available for £30 for a period that ends at the same time as the first wheeled bin subscription.
Paper sacks can be provided to properties in a trial area at a charge of £15 for 10 sacks (plus £5 delivery).
From 1st March 2016 wheeled bins and paper sacks will be delivered within 10 working days of a successful application.
What materials will be collected?
- General Garden Waste
- Grass cuttings
- Tree and shrub cuttings
- Small branches - up to 2" (50mm) in diameter.
- Hedge trimmings
No other materials will be accepted.
- Your garden waste needs to be presented by 7.00am on collection day and no earlier than the night before. If you are using a wheeled bin it should be retrieved as soon as possible after it has been emptied and returned to within your property.
- Please note that the time of the day when collections are made may vary from week to week.
- Please do not overload the container as we will not be able to empty it.
- Ensure wheeled bin lids are closed.
- Only materials in the container provided will be collected.
- If wrong materials are put out for collection, the container will be stickered asking you to remove the unacceptable items. The container will then be emptied on the next scheduled collection day.