Toggle menu

Gas, electric and water

Gas leaks

If you think you have a gas leak, you need to turn off your gas supply at the meter.

  1. Find your emergency control valve which will be located next to your gas meter.
  2. Turn the handle so the lever is at 90 degrees to the upright gas pipe
  3. Call National Grid on 0800 111 999.

Water leaks

If you have a severe water leak that is causing flooding or significant damage to the property, then turn off the water at the stopcock.

  1. Find the stopcock (it may be under your sink) and turn the tap clockwise
  2. If you can't find the stopcock or it doesn't shut the water off, then attempt to shut the water off at the meter. Water meters are often in the footpath directly outside the property.

Once the water has been isolated or if you cannot turn the water off, call us on 01775 761161 to report the problem. 

Electrical faults

If you have noticed sparking or faulty electrics that cause you concern, please switch the electric off at the main consumer unit (fuse box).

  1. Find the consumer unit - often located either in the kitchen or near the front door.
  2. Flick the main switch downwards to the off position
  3. Call us immediately on 01775 761161.