Table of Fares
South Holland District Council is able to specify the maximum fare you can be charged when hiring a Hackney Carriage.
The charges are:
Day Rate 1
- £2.20 for the first mile or less
- £0.15 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
Night Rate 2
- £3.20 for the first mile or less
- £0.20 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
And on Sundays, Bank Holidays and from 7pm on Christmas and New Years Eve
- £4.20 for the first mile or less
- £0.25 for each additional 1/10th of a mile (160.8 metres) or part thereof
For hirings on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- £0.15 For each period of 60 seconds for Rate 1
- £0.20 For each period of 53.3 seconds for Rate 2
- £0.25 For each period of 50 seconds for Rate 3
- £0.20 for each parcel/packet or item of luggage
- Bicycles/prams/animals etc up to but not exceeding £3.00
- A fee of up to £10.00 maximum may be charged where the unoccupied mileage greatly exceeds the occupied mileage
- For soiling a Hackney Carriage resulting in cleaning of the vehicle, the maximum sum of £60.00 may be charged
No charges are made for the carriage of wheelchairs, guide or hearing animals or other aids belonging to registered disabled persons.
All charges include VAT.
Please note: These are the maximum fares that can be charged.
If you feel you have been overcharged, or have a complaint against any South Holland driver, vehicle or taxi company, please contact 01775 761161 or email email@example.com after having first obtained the name and badge number of the driver or licence number of the vehicle and our Licensing team will investigate.