Small business grant
The government will provide additional Small Business Grant Scheme funding for us to support small businesses that already pay little or no business rates because of small business rate relief (SBRR), rural rate relief (RRR) and tapered relief. This will provide a one-off grant of £10,000 to eligible businesses to help meet their ongoing business costs.
View theabout the Grant Funding Schemes published by The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Small business grant eligibility
You are eligible if:
- your business is based in England
- you are a small business and already receive SBRR, tapered relief and/or RRR
- you are a business that occupies property.
Apply for a small business grant
To ensure we can deliver these payments accurately and quickly, we need to collect a set of data in order to make the payment and complete effective post award assurance. To avoid unnecessary delays we would encourage you to provide the information using the online form below:
Please note that if you have more than one eligible business property, you will need to complete an online form for each property.
Information provided will be verified and payments will be issued once we have all correct information and this has been checked. Please note this important information:
- Any changes to the rating list (rateable value or to the property/building) after the 11 March 2020, including changes which have been backdated to this date, should be ignored for the purposes of eligibility
- Local Authorities are not required to adjust, pay or recover grants where the rating list is subsequently amended retrospectively to the 11 March 2020
- The Government will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any business caught falsifying their records to gain additional grant money will face prosecution and any funding issued will be subject to claw back.