Retail, hospitality and leisure grant
The Government has now announced the closure of the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF) which took effect at 5pm on Friday 28 August 2020. South Holland District Council has already processed over £17m in payments from these funding pots to nearly 1,500 South Holland businesses - but there are still eligible businesses that have been contacted, but not made an application.
Please be aware that South Holland District Council will not be able to accept new applications after 5pm on Friday 28 August 2020 and you will be unable to submit an application after the deadline.
The Retail and Hospitality Grant Scheme provides businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a cash grant of up to £25,000 per property as follows:
- Businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000
- Businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have published a range of, which you may find useful.
Business grant funding eligibility
You are eligible for the grant if:
- your business is based in England
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
- your business has a rateable value of under £51,000.
Businesses which don't pay business rates are not included in this scheme.
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied hereditaments that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues.
- for assembly and leisure.
- as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation.
Apply for a business grant
Applications for a retail, hospitality and leisure grant are now closed.