Remembrance Day Parade (Sunday 12 November)
To mark Remembrance Sunday (12 November) there will be a parade from the Market Place in Spalding town centre at 10:45am, culminating at Ayscoughfee Hall Gardens, where a service and wreath-laying will take place at the Lutyens Memorial.
Timeline of what will happen on the day:
12:00am - Market Place closed to traffic.
08:00am - Broad St closed to traffic.
10:15am - St Mary & St Nicolas Church bells rung, until start of Service.
10:25am - All roads on Parade route closed.
10:45am - Rev Bennett and choir walk from St Mary & St Nicolas into Ayscoughfee Hall Gardens.
10:45am - Parade moves from Market Place into Ayscoughfee Hall Gardens.
10:57am - Service starts.
11:45am - Service ends.
11:50am - Parade participants to form up in Chestnut Avenue, to parade back to Market Place.
1:00pm - Affected roads to reopen.
Order of Service:
To ensure the event is safe a number of road closures have been organised for the Parade on Sunday 12 November, the details are as follows:
1. Broad Street / Herring lane into Market Place (Market Place closes at 12am, Broad Street / Herring Lane closes at 8m, all will re-open at 1pm).
2. High Street/ Holland Road (Both close at 10:25am and will re-open at 1pm).
3. Halmergate/ Church Street/ Love Lane (Both close at 10:25am and will re-open at 1pm).
4. London Road/ Vine Street (Both close at 10:25am and will re-open at 1pm).
5. Cowbit Road/ Love Lane/ Churchgate (Both close at 10:25am and will re-open at 1pm).
If you require any further information regarding this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.