The Housing Register
Eligibility to join our Housing Register
Before applying to our join our Register, we ask that you consider the eligibility criteria:
- You are eligible to apply for social housing based on your immigration status - you are not subject to immigration control
- You are suitable to be a tenant based on your behaviour - this includes consideration around criminal convictions and any housing related debt
- You do not own any properties, unless you are experiencing extenuating circumstances
- You do not have sufficient savings/assets to purchase or rent a property privately
- You have a local connection to the district:
- You have lived in the district for the last 6 months or 3 out of the last 5 years
- You have parents, adult children, brothers or sisters living in the district for the last five years
- You are working in South Holland for more than 16 hours per week and on a contract that is permanent or expected to last for a period of at least 12 months
- You are aged 18, 19 or 20 and was looked after, accommodated or fostered by Lincolnshire County Council between the ages of 16 and 18
- You are a former Lincolnshire County Council care leaver aged under 25 years and receive advice and support from Lincolnshire County Council under a 'pathway plan'.
If you are an existing tenant of a partner housing association (e.g. Longhurst or Platform) and your tenancy is within the district of South Holland, you will need to:
- Have held your tenancy for at least one year
- Provide evidence of a clear rent account
- Provide a reference from your landlord.
This information will need to be supplied before your application is made active.
If you believe you are eligible, you can submit a housing application online by clicking Applying to join the Housing Register.