Spalding Christmas Celebration
Saturday 25th November 11am-5pm in Spalding Town Centre
Residents and visitors can get into the festive spirit in Spalding on Saturday 25 November, as the popular Christmas Celebration event returns, including live entertainment, games, competitions, food, gifts, crafts and more.
Running from 11am till 5pm in Spalding town centre and organised by South Holland District Council's Communities Team, there will be a chance for visitors to get their Christmas shopping done early with a great array of local market traders, alongside additional festive-themed stalls selling gifts, crafts and tasty food.
There will also be plenty of activities and entertainment to take part in including:
- A chance to meet a festive Rapunzel between 2pm and 5pm and to watch her performance from the stage
- There will be a beautiful vintage carousel and swing boat ride open from 11am until 4:30pm
- Street entertainment including the cast of this year's South Holland Centre pantomime - Beauty and the Beast, face painting and balloon modelling from Lincs66 and more...
- Live entertainment from the stage all day including choirs, brass bands and singers
- Free craft activities from 11am until 3pm
- Santa's Grotto in Calthrops Solicitors brought to residents by the Chairman Councillor Andrew Woolf
- Fancy dress competition at 4pm at the stage with great prizes including the winner getting to turn on the beautiful Christmas tree lights at the end of carols by candlelight, which will cap off the festivities at 4.30pm.
The event will also see the launch of the returning Elf Trail, with cheeky elves hiding in participating shops across the town centre. Shoppers will have until 30th December to find them all and fill out their accompanying booklet, for the chance to win great prizes. There will also be a Nutcracker Trail in Long Sutton at the same time.
The Broad Street Methodist Church will also be getting into the festive spirit with a craft and coffee morning until 1pm and a beautiful display of Christmas trees and decorations.
For the safety of the event there will be road closures in place for Market Place, Hall Place, Sheep Market and Gore Lane from 6:30am-6:30pm on Saturday 25th November and the Sheep Market Car Park will be closed from 5:00pm on Friday 24th November until 7:30pm on Saturday 25th.